Monday 26 May 2014

And so the adventure begins. Recently landed $1200+ USD of parts from my buddies at van-cafe. Had hoped for two cookies with this large order, but given the excellent tight packing they did, maybe there was only room for one cookie.    ;)


New rad, hoses, stainless long pipes, heater hoses + new metal "T's", possible fuel tank reseal, (it's ok but will do sooner than later) coolant pump (not shown), etc. The engine runs ok as-is but am doing preemptive maintenance "strikes" along with needed maintenance. All this will help should I sell this rig or keep it and swap in a Mk3/4 2.0 engine. The WBX would then be more easily sold .... I think. Selling Jaco my '81 may be an option, we'll see. Speaking of Jaco....

Went for my usual walk at Spanish Banks area. Spied another Assuan Brown bus so just HAD to park near it. Shortly after, another one showed up! What are the chances!  (oh, pretty good around Vancouver). I protected the innocent by copy-pasting their dogs face on them. Just 'splaining in case they look weird.


Apartment living is turning out "ok" for the most part. One learns patterns of folks in neighbouring units, (noise) and does what they can to adapt. My goal was to find a place and garage that fell within a reasonable monthly amount. I've done this. But it's all a "give and take" right? "no free lunch!".    ;)   The apartment is decent value but the location is noisier than some.

Part of my "madness and method" was to force myself to get out more. I've always worked from my home. But now, with gigs on the back burner (or in the compost really), I'm leading a more normal lifestyle. A smaller, potentially noisy space forces me to be outside more and this is what I'm doing. When I have both Westies up to snuff (it seems every repair is a restoration of sorts), I'll be away on weekends as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment