Tuesday 27 May 2014

I'd read so many threads and discussions about snapped studs, bolts on the WBX, that I assumed I'd encounter at least one during todays foray into cooling system re-hab. So far, so good. Lucky, yes, in that this engine may truly have low miles and likely hasn't been exposed to harsh environments like one sees back east, but I took my time and used lots of penetrating fluid. Ironically, the parts really aren't in that bad of condition. Like the pump doesn't appear to have interfered with the block much if at all. But. I want piece of mind for however long I run this engine and would like to make the engine more sale-able when it's time for an engine conversion.

All in all, a good day. Rad is out, fan housing is painted, coolant is mostly drained, pump is out. I'm still torn on whether or not to replace 2 metal pipes at engine but we'll see. And since the thermostat housing is still on, am crossing my fingers that the fasteners on that part won't snap!


No comments:

Post a Comment