Sunday 24 March 2013

Huh. For a moment there, thought I'd deleted this blog!

Too many email addresses, etc. Am paring down my digital existence. To that end, closed my Facebook account. Last time I did that, I didn't provide a "heads up" and some thought I'd de-friended them. This time I did!

Finally fired up my new Truckfridge TF49 DC model. REAL happy to see it work and cool down so fast! Granted I don't live in a remote quiet location, but the fridge is a lot quieter than anticipated. Even though I'm now tied to a battery, having a fridge that works when you turn it on, w/o the usual Dometic hassle, and lack of cooling above 85ยบ F ambient, will never get old.

Almost done all my Westy work though a failed brake switch (along with a wire that failed just like the wire on other switch) had me searching for the fault. The chances of both those faults happening "at once" are remote. The other brake switch must've been no-op for some time. I gotta wonder if the brake bulbs draw more than those wire terminals can handle.

Re-routed the new back up light and future 12V outlet feed from the starter post (starter battery) to the new aux. group 27 at the isolator post. I doubt I'll have that much need for a 12V outlet back there, but it will be useful for an engine trouble light, bike pump.

As with the last overhaul of this van, there's been lots of time and relatively lots of $ spent. At this point, I can't think of one major part (or most minor parts for that matter) that hasn't been repaired, renewed or replaced.

On another completely different note, finally read my American Federation of Musicians paper today. Noted a Bass Trombone opening in the Spokane Symphony. Taking the audition would mean a fair amount of woodshedding starting, uh, now, as I've already been away from the horn for 2 + months.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment