Friday 15 March 2013

#%*¡¥  (why no lightening bolts on my computer keyboard?)

Hard lesson learned?

While admiring my handy work just now, the light bulb went on; the 4" foam I glued to the fold out bed boards, and subsequently recovered, likely will NOT fit the GD bed frame-hinges. With the bench 1" thicker, it will push the back up too high. The bolt holes won't line up. For the love of Pete.....

Somehow I had it in my mind that I needed 4" thick foam. Bought it, realized my mistake, then thought: "no big deal. "I'll just add a 1" piece of foam over my bastard 4" engine lid." Sheesh.

Of course I'll try the parts to see, but I'm 99% sure they won't work.

This project took quite a few hours all told.

Between a vendor supplying my with incorrect size electrical lugs, (which I crimped on to wires while in his store) and now this, well, a shitty day all told.


No comments:

Post a Comment