Sunday 10 March 2013

Slowly picking away; little things add up!

So today I: made a wood pedestal, etc. for new fridge, painted the lower "Dometic" grill, furred the 110VAC outlet about 1.5" out (too far, could've done 1"), fished new Loomex from rear outlet forward, installed a screen on the "city water" fan, sealed up the Dometic flue, modifying cupboard shelf to fit over repositioned 110VAC outlet. In regards to the fridge mounting, I mounted small pieces of 3/4" plywood on the inside face of each cabinet wall. Adding a strip of thick close cell foam to each piece made for a nice "tight" fridge fit.  Edit: that foam made fridge too tight I think. Have downsized thickness a little. Should be fine. The idea was to stabilize the fridge and reduce and insulate contact of fridge to cabinet. To that end, I'll leave the rubber fridge feet installed.

Yesterday I fibre glass patched the top and put on one coat. Rain is in the forecast so not sure what I'll do. Install seal, replace canvas, paint later? We'll see.

Had to laugh at myself. Was so happy to install the stove face plate and see how the newly painted part looked. Then I realized I hadn't refinished the batt/water plate. That thing looks like ass now! Ha! I may strip and paint it. Am thinking to relabel it as such:

Battery: Green. "Ya!"  Orange. "Meh". Red. "Boo!" etc.) You get the idea. Won't help resale value but will amuse ME no end.

Pics to follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment