Monday 25 March 2013

So the day started out quite well. Got some tape up along the face of the canvas staple strips (though I seated the staples best I could, they feel a little rough and I don't want that rubbing on canvas), applied the Westfalia sticker (looks nice!) picked up parts, replaced "forward" brake light switch, soldered in a fuse to the #8 wire from starter battery to Aux. #1 battery, redid some wire details in that area, but then.....

Put the cluster back on, dim oil light. Those silly copper traces on the ribbon "board" don't stand up to repeated removal-installation of the 14 pin connector. I suspect a trace is shorting or not connecting well; at least 2 look very abused.

The fix is going to be like this one or similar to it. Basically hardwire a new connector to replace the OEM connectors.

Very frustrating though. Almost had the van done, then this. Sheesh!   ;)

It's times like this when I feel like dumping these rigs and getting  a Sportsmobile. Ha ha. Yes. I'll just go out and buy a $port$mobile.

Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment